Important Information Regarding Board Meetings
The Board meets in the White Cloud High Cafeteria. White cloud High School is located at 555 East Wilcox Avenue, White Cloud, MI 49349. Board meetings are always held in public with Agendas posted in advance at the White Cloud High School main entrance doors.
Persons with disabilities who need special accommodations should call White Cloud Public Schools at 231.689.6591 four (4) days prior to the Board of Education meeting.
The responsibility for making decisions rests with the seven elected Board of Education members. The School Board is, however, very interested in hearing from the public. There is a place on the meeting Agenda for comments from the public.
Board Public Comment Policy
- The public participation portion of the meeting shall be limited to one-half hour.
- Each person shall be allowed to speak for up to five minutes, except where the number of speakers exceeds the time limit.
- If a delegation is present to address the board, the delegation may select up to five representatives to speak on its behalf, for a total of not more than 15 minutes.
- All written statements should be given to the board secretary so that copies may be made available to all board members. All written statements and documents presented to the board by an individual or group during the meeting are considered public documents.
- The White Cloud Board of Education pledges its courteous attention to those who wish to be heard. In return, the Board asks that the members of the audience refrain from loud talking and other distractions during the meeting.
Guidelines for Public Commentary
- Be recognized by the President of the Board.
- State your name and address.
- Present your statement of concern or questions to the Board.
- Complaints concerning school personnel or students should not be discussed in an open public meeting unless the individual(s) involved are notified and agree (P.A. 267 of 1967). Such complaints should be forwarded to the Board in care of the Superintendent unless the complaint involves the Superintendent in which case it should be processed through the Board President. An open or closed meeting, according to the wishes of the person(s) involved, may be arranged.
Bowman, Holly - Trustee
Cruzan, Megan - Trustee
Derks, Keith - Trustee
Engel, Elaine - Secretary
Jones, Jim - President
Mench, Mindy - Treasurer
Stevens, Harry - Vice President